Sunday, February 7, 2010

Recycle All Those Wine Bottles Into Cool Cups And Organizers

         If you End Up with A Bunch Of Wine Bottles Every Month Waiting To Be Recycled Like Me. Why Not Put Some To Use For You With This Easy DIY guide To Making Awesome Cups, Candle Holders, And Organizers.   Visit My Favorite Vineyard Over At Wilhelm Family Vineyards And You Will Fall In Love With Their Custom Wines.  One Taste And Your Empty Bottle Collection Will Surly Grow As Fast As Mine Does.

Over at the design and DIY blog Curbly, user Plastolux admired the interesting colors of the various wine bottles that passed through his house. It seemed a waste to let such pretty bottles get shipped off to the recycling plant so he came up with a unique way of recycling them. He cut off the top of the bottle using a simple glass cutter designed for wine bottles and then got creative:

"After I cut my first bottle I thought, how can I make these more unique? I have access to a sand blaster, so I had some lettering and shapes cut at my local vinyl shop and applied them. I had them blasted then remove the vinyl and I was left these beautiful raised translucent shapes. I really don't see these as drinking glasses but more for your bathroom toothbrush or a fancy pen holder. Someone suggested you could put a candle in them as well, I think that could look pretty cool with the more detailed designs."
Click The Links Or Use Amazon Search To Your Right To Get Your Supplies Online Or Goto Your Local Arts And Craft Store For More Info And Supplies   Wilhelm Family Vineyards (Outstanding Wine)

Go Here For The Detailed Guide By Plastolux How To: Cuttin' Glass And Takin' Names

1 comment:

Open To Suggestions, What do you want to see on here??